Bedtime Stories Opening Reception


This Thursday was my Gallery opening for Bedtime Stories. It was a wonderful event. Staying with the theme of the show being focused on Children's Book Illustrations, I decided to make the event extra-kid friendly.

I started with making the hors devours based on kid food. This included candy corn, goldfish, finger peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, milk with cookies, and cupcakes (with a dog-theme decor).

In keeping with my Mattie Story, I also chose to make the event DOG FRIENDLY! We didn't have too many pooches stop by, but the few that did really made the place light up. Fellow dog artist, Barbara Pence, and her English Lab Puppy, Bailey, seemed to enjoy it...


Galleries can sometimes be a sterile place, and in order to contradict that atmosphere I decided to dress up the place. I chose a few items in order to create a happy and friendly setting for dogs and kids alike.

I also dressed up my promo-material table. I think all of the accesories made the whole room a much happier place.

The entire evening was full of friends and family showing their support, and I couldn't help but notice a few passerby's unable to resist popping in to see what all the fun was about. I was particularly excited to have my amazing models, Hazel and Lula, come by to see all the final artwork. I am so special and grateful that I met their generous mom who let me use her girls in order to realize my paintings. It was a thrill to have them there!

The show will be up until November 30, located at the 688 Sutter Street Gallery in San Francisco. Hours are 10 AM - 6 PM, Monday-Friday and 10 AM - 5 PM on Saturdays.

Comments

lindsey said…
Hey Lady, this looks awesome- sad to have missed it! Good luck with the wedding planning!!

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

ART during the time of COVID