Time Flies!


Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since my last post! I guess that's what happens when your cuddly baby turns into a walking, babbling, adventurous toddler!

The Three R's
 I am just turning in the last few illustrations for Explore Natural Resources! This book was a lot of fun. I love illustrating animals and this was a great opportunity to really develop a few characters that I enjoyed. Here are a few samples from the last chapters of the book.

Conserving Natural Resources


Exciting Energy

Child labor using candlelight in mines

Solar Farm

I am also very happy to announce that I have been asked to illustrate another title in a different series with Nomad Press meant for young teens (ages 12-15) called Inquire and Investigate. This series is done in a graphic novel/comic book style and is about The Roaring Twenties.  This is one of my favorite periods dating back to my costume design days and I'm excited to be working on it!

Emmy's One Year Birthday Party

As far as my life as a WAHM - Work at Home Mom - it has been quite a challenge since my little angel turned ONE!  She is now walking and even with a limited vocabulary, she has many opinions.  Gone are the days of hanging out in her play yard due to her higher activity level and more intense curiosity, but this is what Grandparents are for! (Special shout out to Gram and Pop pop for all their help these days... and Daddy, too!)

Hold all my calls! I have a very important conference call with Elmo.
But on the flip side I am enjoying seeing her blossom into a little person...

Enjoying Children's Books as much as Mommy! 

Here we are at 15 months and we may have a mini artist on our hands!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

ART during the time of COVID