Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!

Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. Apologies to all of my adoring fans out there (hi mom and dad!)  I have been on a bit of a hiatus for the past six months or so. Taking some time out to figure out my next creative step and also that whole "being a mom" thing really takes up a lot of time!


In the meantime, my last two books with Nomad Press have been published! Both Explore Natural Resources! and The Roaring Twenties have come out and they look great. It was a whirlwind doing both of these books back to back on top of trying to be a mom, but thank goodness I had family and an amazing babysitter who helped me out as much as they could.

Since then we've gone through a bit of a life change. In August of last year my husband got a job that moved us from Sunny California to Snowy Minnesota! Though it wasn't snowy in August... more Mosquitoey (if that's even a word).  It's been quite an adjustment trying to get back into the swing of things.

At first I looked for a studio space outside of my home, but after searching I finally decided that my own backyard was the perfect setting. Our new place doesn't have a separate room I can use for work, but our main area is huge and I can't beat the light or the view!


Not only that, it's nice to have my little protege's work station right next to me. Though at the age of two she doesn't sit very long...for anything! However when she does get into her coloring or stickers she really gets into it.

Follow my twitter feed @jenkellerart with #artynewmom or #mylittleprotege for details of the toddler genius at work and a few tips on how to achieve the holy grail of being a work from home mom (#wfhm or #wfhmsurvival.)


I'll let you know if I ever figure it out. 

So here we are in the land of 10,000 lakes and weather so cold your face might freeze off... but we are making it work. I have a few projects under my belt and a few more I'm just beginning work on.  It's exciting to be back in the creative saddle and start sharing with everybody again! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

ART during the time of COVID