Moving on...

Hello Friends! Last time I wrote it was a very difficult time. Thanks to everyone who contacted me and showed me so much support after losing my muse and best furry friend. We still miss her but as the expression goes "life goes on"... and so it does.

Things have been quite busy over this last year. Since starting the role as Art Director at Fox River Academy of Music and Art last summer, I have done a real push in marketing and we have seen quite an increase in participation! I'm so proud to be a part of a facility that brings unique art education to kids and adults in the area. This past year my Manga and Comic workshops have been very popular as well as traditional drawing. All of the instructors have been doing great.  We have some really fun and exciting summer camps to offer this year as well! If you are interested please check out the upcoming schedule: Summer Camps and Workshops.

Clever Student Sketchbook Covers

I'm also happy to report that our sketchbook club was a huge success! We had 20 participants ranging in ages from 8 to 18 and beyond! Every student brought a unique style and voice to their project. It was a great experience and I look forward to offering it again next year.  Check out our Facebook Album with student work!


I also decided to do a sketchbook of my own. Considering the past year and losing my sweet muse, Mattie, I chose the theme "connections" and dedicated my book to her. I depicted a collection of moments we shared together capturing the things we loved to do, things she loved, and the journey we took together. It was a wonderful experience. If you are interested in hearing me talk about my process check out my very first LIVE FEED VIDEO that I did on Facebook a week ago! You can also check out the book in it's entirety on my Instagram Feed and in this Facebook album: The Sketchbook Project 2018.


I have been lucky enough to do a few custom pieces this past year as well. These were really fun and rewarding to do. Taking on a personal project for someone is a special experience.  Both were very different and unique.

As much as I enjoy doing these commisions during the next year I plan on solely concentrating on continuing to build my Keller Kiddo Designs line of art prints. I am looking forward to building these collections and adding more! In the meantime, be sure to check out the current work I have available especially since I have a Mother's Day Special going on and I am offering 20% off all of my prints on ETSY! This offer ends on May 13th so be sure to partake before it's too late!


These past 10 months have been a whirlwind and I can't believe I've been silent on this blog since August! However, things are starting to move along and we now have a NEW MUSE in the house... so look for artwork based our our new addition, Bolt, the rapscallion Border Collie Pup... and our adventures with him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

Eat Dessert First!