Color Comps with Acrylic


So I've been playing with a new process that I think I'll use for my thesis. I've been using matte medium to glue down a copy of my original drawing, sealing it with clear gesso, and painting over it with acrylic paint. I've decided to abandon my watercolors for the time being for This process is much faster, and I like the deeper values I can get from it. Plus I can still use prismacolor on top of it, and work out my details.

I'm not abandoning my watercolors forever! I just like the look of this for my Mattie books... Plus I love that you can see my original drawing underneath.

This is a comp, and not a fully painted piece, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

ART during the time of COVID