Adventures in New York--The Central Park Zoo


Hello All! Well, last week was quite an adventure with my first work-related trip to New York. It proved to be very beneficial for numerous reasons. One being that I got to visit New York City's Zoos. First stop was the small, but fun, Central Park Zoo.

This Zoo only has about 5-6 exhibits, but it's a great little escape from the large metropolis for an hour or so.

They have a really fun sea lion exhibit and show, you would swear they were dogs with flippers. One of them even played fetch! They moved really fast so I just did a few gesture drawings before one of them dove right in front of me and splattered my sketchbook... :-)


I also spent some time with the Polar Bears. It was pretty hot that day, so I didn't blame them for spending their time in the water. I couldn't really get a good spot to draw the female who was hanging out really close to the glass for all of her fans!

But the male was crashed out in a less crowded area. If I didn't know they would eat me, I would love to give them a big hug...


Lastly I camped out with the new snow leopard exhibit. I was lucky enough to be standing next to a child that probably looked like a good snack, so I got a good stare down view.

It didn't last long however before she decided it was too hot to hunt.

All in all, I found the Central Park Zoo a fun little section of the park. It certainly doesn't hold any weight to most of the other zoos I frequent, but I loved seeing all of the city kids getting exposure to these beautiful exotic animals right in their own back yard...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

ART during the time of COVID