Inspiration Everywhere

Hello friends! For the past few months I've been finding inspiration everywhere... including new babies! I have some special people in my life that have new little ones joining their families and I felt inspired to create artwork for them.

Beautiful Mama Linda with Baby Finn, 3 months old. 
I also decided to use this opportunity to expand my digital artwork.  I first used this style while working on cover art for the EXPLORE! series at Nomad Press. I really liked the modern graphic look of these pieces and I felt it would be perfect to start exploring a Children's/Nursery Art Line. Compared to the watercolor style I had been using in the past, this style is a little more commercial and also versatile.  Every piece starts with drawing and inking by hand, so it still has my personal touch and doesn't feel so generic. Next I convert the inked piece to a digital line and color the piece with a little more of a flat graphic color style.


My first piece started traditional for my little niece, Sabina Rue.  After I finished the original and gave it to my glowing sister-in-law I proceeded to work on the digital version.


After finishing my first one, I couldn't wait to start work on the next two newborns on my list. First a bunny for my good friend's little boy, Finn, in Chicago.


Great friends of ours also had their first baby girl in New York City.  I used their own kitties as inspiration for wee Hanna's artwork.


After finishing this work it was time to give my website a little facelift. Check it out at JenKellerArt.com

Well, it's been a busy couple of months and I hope to stay just as busy. How do I get all of this done (you may be wondering) while living in toddlerland? Nap time has been my best productivity friend these days. I also try to make lists and keep to a schedule. It's quite a balancing act but so far - so good! 



The most important part is to get outside, have fun, and get inspired...


because inspiration is everywhere...

Emmy's portrait done by neighbor friend, Samantha, Age 7. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

ART during the time of COVID