There's no place like "Sweet Home Chicago"


Well, it's been little over a year since our move to Minnesota, and we have found ourselves on the road again. The journey has come full circle and we have landed in the Chicagoland area!  After growing up in the southwest suburbs and living in the Windy City of Chicago for almost 10 years, I am very excited to move back.


It has taken a little while, but my studio is finally set up and this time around -- I'm sharing it with my little protege! What better way to get inspired to do children's art by sharing my creative space with my own kiddo's crafty corner.



I am also happy to report I've been busily working on that Nursery/Children's Art line, finding inspiration everywhere.  I'm hoping to have a new shop on ETSY featuring my work and perhaps a few other venues - plus a NAME! It seems to be one of the most challenging parts of the process.


One of my favorite pieces I've been able to do is for another new little baby who entered our world this May... Miss Amelia.  I had done a commission years ago for little Amelia's daddy of his wonderful Yellow Lab.  So for her nursury I wanted to also represent the "dog-love" of her mommy's life - a beautiful Ridgeback named Zeke.  It seems both Mama, Daddy, and Baby are happy with their new art!


It's been quite a journey for the past year and a half, but we are all feeling very grounded here.  I am excited about this new chapter in the place I grew up and looking forward to watching my little girl grow and prosper in a place I am proud to call home.


Comments

Unknown said…
Wonderful! So glad you are happy and getting settled in Chicago. We love our Zeke art. Another artist / illustrator I've been enjoying is Sara Watts, from Atlanta. Check her out. Lots of love to you, Emmy and Dave. Nicole

Popular posts from this blog

Native Americans of the South - East & West

Illustration Friday: Mesmerizing!

ART during the time of COVID